To donate blood at Penang General Hospital (GH) is easy.
Criteria check before donate blood in Malaysia
- Not sick today
- Age between 18 – 60 years old
- Body weight more than 45 KG
- Sleep more than 5 hours
- Not allergy to any medicine
- Not taking any antibiotic recently
- Last donation is more than 3 months
- Not one of the following:
- Sex labour
- Drug addict
- Partner to the above mentioned
- Get the registration to fill up (Pen provided).
- Submit to counter and get your blood sampling for hemoglobin count and (if you are first timer) blood group.
- Submit back to counter for data entry into system and wait for your call to consult medical officer on duty.
- Meet with medical officer for blood pressure checking and medical history consult.
- Proceed to blood donation area to start donating your blood. Rest will be given after complete the donation.
- After have enough rest, can direct back home or go to refreshment area for complementary refreshment, a cup of hot and some snack.
Monday: 7:30am – 1:00pm | 2:00pm – 5:30pm
Tuesday: 7:30am – 1:00pm | 2:00pm – 5:30pm
Wednesday: 7:30am – 1:00pm | 2:00pm – 5:30pm
Thursday: 7:30am – 1:00pm | 2:00pm – 5:30pm
Friday: 7:30am – 12:15pm | 2:45pm – 5:30pm
Saturday: 8:00am – 1:pm (Every first week of the month only)
Where to park?
The parking space in GH normally can’t handle the visiting crowd in the morning, if you would like to drive yourself to there, will suggest to go after 3pm. Other wise you might find your self difficult to get a parking space. Other alternative will be get a ride-hailing (Uber, Grab, etc) or drive motor.
You may park
How long will it take?
The whole process from register until sitting at refreshment area will be around 30 – 60 minutes depend on your physical body condition that day.
For a healthy adult in Malaysia (18 – 60 years old), if you would max out the number, you may achieve maximum of 168 times of blood donation in your lifetime. With average of 450ml per donation, maximum can achieve 75.6 liter of blood donate and saving lots of people in need. Do your best and see how many times you can achieve in your life time.