So, here goes the Malaysia Budget 2011 revealed..
And arr, just would like to share some of my own craps (in orange) as a know-nothing Malaysian…
These are the highlights of Budget 2011:
- The Govt took into consideration views from the public and private sectors, focus groups, media, 1M blog and lab sessions.
yea.. took into consideration.. hmm..
- Govt expects 7% growth for Malaysia in 2010 over previous estimate of 6%.
- Govt aims to achieve 6% growth in 2011, supported by private investments, expanding 10.2%, private consumption 6.3%, exports 6.7%.
- Income per capita will increase 6.1% to RM28,000 while income in terms of purchasing power parity to USD16,000 (RM49,440).
- Will emphasise on efforts to transform the nation into a developed plus high-income economy plus sustainable development.
- With the theme “Transformation Towards a Developed and High-Income Nation”, Budget 2011 will centre on 4 key strategies.
- Several PPP projects identified under the 10MP will be implemented in 2011 through private investment of RM12.5bil PPP project: Construction of highways such as the Ampang-Cheras-Pandan Elevated Highway
what it mean by private investment?
- PPP project: Construction of a 300-megawatt Combined-Cycle Gas Power Plant in Kimanis, Sabah
erm, dono where is Kimanis, so google out and saw this from wikipedia [source] “The national oil and gas company, Petronas, proposes to build the Sabah Oil and Gas Terminal here. There was also a proposal to relocate the current Kota Kinabalu International Airport to Kimanis in 2006. However this proposal appears to have not materialised“
- PPP project: Development of International Islamic University Malaysia Teaching Hospital in Kuantan; Women and Children’s Hospital
- Another PPP project identified is the Academic Medical Centre. This project involves private investment of RM2 bil
So.. 2 bil of 12.5bil Private Investment goes here..
- Greater KL MRT to be implemented from 2011. When completed, public transport utilisation rate is expected to rise to at least 40%
Greater? With raise of utilisation rate? I still remember last time experience been standing still hard to breath inside LRT and KTM.. More cabin needed perhaps..
- Another major project is the development of the Malaysian Rubber Board land in Sungai Buloh covering an area of 2,680 acres
- A new landmark, Warisan Merdeka, is expected to be completed in 2020. It will include a 100-storey tower, the tallest in Malaysia
For what? As a memorandum building memoirs of Hang Tuah? (I love Hang Tuah story..)
- The Govt will implement bold measures to revitalise the domestic capital market
- Efforts will be taken to strengthen Malaysia’s position as a premier Islamic capital market
- The Govt will provide Entrepreneurship Enhancement Training Programme to train 500 technopreneurs and attract more angel investors
Wow~ Angel investor =D But how much will the programme cost?
- The Malaysian Technology Development Corporation will be provided a startup fund amounting to RM100mil to provide soft loans
- To revitalise capital market activities, the Govt will launch a Private Pension Fund in 2011
So this is what you mean.. PPF?
- Existing income tax relief of up to RM6,000 for employees contributions to EPF will extend to Private Pension Fund contributions
- A sum of RM857 mil is allocated for local E&E companies to compete at the international level
- The Govt will allocate RM146 mil to support the oil, gas and energy industry
What support they need actually? =/
- The Govt is committed to develop green technology to ensure sustainable development
ehemm.. green technologiesss…..
- Pioneer Status, Investment Tax Allowance for energy generation from renewable sources plus energy efficiency activities extended til 31 December 2015
- To further encourage ownership of hybrid cars, import duty and excise duty exemption will be extended until 31 December 2011
Even so, no money to buy these car also..
- Tax exemption on income from trading of Certified Emission Reductions certificate to extend until year of assessment 2012.
- The Govt will implement the Programme on Blending of Biofuels with Petroleum Diesel (B5 Programme) in June 2011
Implement the programme.. mean balu mahu plan ka?
- The Govt will allocate RM3.8bil in 2011 to increase productivity and generate higher returns in the agriculture sector
- Infrastructure facilities to be allocated – RM85mil to facilitate construction of hotels and resorts in remote areas
Wtf.. Not rural but remote mann… 10 Stars Hotel in Taman Negara?
- RM3bil eco-nature resort Nexus Karambunai, Sabah, to commence 2011
To stay and shake hand with Orang Utan? RM 3bil is a big money mann…
- To support the tourism industry, the Government will allocate RM100mil
Cuti-cuti Malaysia 2011 worth RM 100mil?
- The Govt proposes that import duty on approximately 300 goods preferred by tourists and locals, at 5% to 30%, be abolished.
- In efforts to propel the palm oil and related products industry, several measures will be implemented
- Measures include encouraging replanting activity to replace aged trees with high quality new clones through RM297mil
- RM127mil to be allocated to support domestic oleo derivatives companies plus RM23.3m to expand downstream palm oil industries
So palm oil get some pump huh?
- Multimedia Development Corridor programme is allocated RM119mil. Focus is on creating an innovative digital economy
How innovative digitally economy worr……
- Import duty and sales tax exemption on broadband equipment are also extended for two years until 2012
- The Government proposes that sales tax be exempted on all types of mobile phones
- Corridor and regional development will be accelerated. The Government allocates RM850mil for infrastructure support
What kind of infrastructure? Fiber optics? been hear for years..
- For Iskandar Malaysia, a sum of RM339mil is allocated.
Iskandar Malaysia (what is it? click here) more important than strengthen tourism industry..
- The Northern Corridor Economic Region is allocated RM133mil.
- East Coast Economic Region is allocated RM178mil for projects
- For Sarawak Corridor of Renewable Energy, RM93mil is allocated for facilities
- A sum of RM411mil is allocated in 2011 for R&D&C activities
- For 2011, a sum of RM71mil is allocated for Special Innovation Unit UNIK
Hooow innovative it willl beeee….
- A sum of RM200mil is allocated to purchase creative products such as high quality locally-produced films, dramas and documentaries
Malaysiawood in the making?
- The Government proposes that the rate of service tax be increased from 5% to 6%
So Govt tax 6% + normal Service Tax 10% = 16%… Hope it is only at propose stage..
- RM29.3bil is allocated for Ministry of Education, RM10.2bil for Ministry of Higher Education and RM627mil for Ministry of Human Resource
- The Govt will establish a Talent Corporation under the Prime Minister’s Office in early 2011
- RM6.4bil is allocated for development expenditure to build and upgrade schools, hostels, facilities and equipment
Everyone student get an iPhone! =D
- RM213mil is allocated to reward high-performance schools
- The Govt will increase pre-school enrolment rate to a targeted 72% by end-2011 through an additional 1,700 classes
- The Govt will also strengthen the curriculum and appoint 800 pre-school graduate teachers
- RM250mil is allocated for development expenditure to schools: religious, Chinese-type, Tamil national, missionary, Government-assisted
- RM576mil is allocated in the form of scholarships for those wishing to further their studies
- RM213mil is allocated to enhance proficiency in Bahasa Malaysia, strengthen the English Language
Hello? bukan satu Malaysia ka? mana other language?
- RM20mil is allocated to increase PhD qualified academic staff to 75% in research unis plus to 60% in other higher learning institutions
- RM60mil is allocated to further intensify the Industrial Skill Enhancement Programme in State Skills Development Training Centres
- The Govt will also allocate RM50mil to the Multimedia Development Corporation to train graduates in ICT
- RM474mil is provided to enhance productivity and skills of non-graduates
More roti canai and teh-tarik stall =D
- The 1Malaysia Training Programme will commence in January 2011 with an allocation of RM500mil
Cost 500mil ???
- RM200mil is allocated to conduct part-time training in the evenings and weekends in selected training centres nationwide
- RM200mil from the Human Resources Development Fund to be used by companies to fund specific training programmes for their employees
- The Govt will enforce basic minimum wages for security guards, to between RM500 and RM700 a month depending on location
“depending on location”..
- RM30mil is allocated to introduce the Single Mother Skill Incubator Programme and the Prime Entrepreneur and Women Activist
- The Govt will provide 40 1Malaysia TASKA to assist women to obtain quality childcare and early education for their children
- The Govt will allow flexibility to self-determine fully-paid maternity leave, not exceeding 90 days from the current 60 days
2011, more babies will be born?
- For sports development and management, a sum of RM365mil is allocated to the Ministry of Youth and Sports
- To develop football, the Govt will establish a Football Academy in Pahang with RM20mil to produce quality football players
So… Current one no quality XD
- In 2011, the Government will allocate RM1.2 bil to the Ministry of Women, Family and Community Development.
- The Govt will launch assistance programme to benefit 80,000 disabled individuals with an allocation of RM218mil
- Government will extend tax relief of up to RM5,000 to help parents with expenses such as daycare, caretakers & other daily needs
- First-time house buyers will be given stamp duty exemption of 50% on instruments of transfer on a house price not exceeding RM350,000
The stamp duty on instruments of transfer is how much?
- RM6.9bil is allocated to implement basic infrastructure such as water and electricity supply as well as rural roads
Yea.. we have diamond water from pipe-hose =D
- Build and upgrade rural roads in Sabah and Sarawak with an allocation of RM2.1bil and RM696mil in Peninsular Malaysia
- RM974mil is allocated as price subsidy for padi, fertilisers and padi seeds. RM230mil for production incentives, increasing padi yield
- Govt to establish a 1Malaysia Smart Consumer portal to help the rakyat keep abreast with price movements of retail goods.
- Effective January 2011, the monthly allowance of Imam will be increased from RM450 to RM750
- The monthly allowance for KAFA teachers will be increased to RM800, an increase from RM500, starting Jan 2011
- RM100mil is allocated to implement various programmes, including resolving Orang Asli land rights and border settlement issues
- Toll rates in four highways owned by PLUS Expressway Berhad will not be raised for the next five years, effective immediately
What if EPF buy over PLUS (source)? If this happen next month, then EPF ma can increase Toll rates lor? that 5 years for what?
- RM15.2bil is allocated to build new hospitals, increase the number of doctors, nurses, obtain supplies of medicines and equipment
- Since 2009, 51 1Malaysia Clinics are in operation. The Government will provide an additional 25 1Malaysia Clinics
- RM350mil is allocated to implement various programmes to combat crime, including burglary, motorcycle and car thefts
Buy more Evo lancer?
- RM70mil is allocated for programmes with select NGOs to help Govt strengthen family institution and address social ills eg baby dumping
Give more free condoms?
- RM1.9bil is allocated to environmental preservation, including implementing the River of Life Programme and KL greening
- To assist children, particularly the low-income to excel academically, the 1MDB will provide multi-vitamins for primary school pupils
Hahaha XD if they are low income.. give them multi-vit do what.. Stop malnutrition kids? If no money until kenot go school ma die for sure? Why not help those family instead… =.=
- 1MDB will provide RM20mil to the 1Malaysia Youth Fund. This fund will be utilised to instil the 1Malaysia spirit
A 20mil spirit =D Awesome…
- The Govt agrees to abolish the Competency Level Assessment/PTK and replace with a more suitable evaluation system by June 2011
- Civil servants burden in coping with schooling expenses to be reduced by providing a Special Financial Assistance of RM500
- RM212bil is allocated for Budget 2011, which is 2.8% higher than the allocation for 2010
So this is the total money?
- RM45.6bil will be allocated for Development Expenditure, RM15.5bil for the social sector
- Government revenue collection is estimated to increase 2.3% to RM165.8bil in 2011, up from RM162.1bil in 2010
From revenue of 165.8bil, budget can goes up to 212bil.. how come my bank account and budget can’t get this calculation?
- The deficit for 2011 is expected to further decline to 5.4% of GDP, compared with 5.6% in 2010
So… nothing about personal tax reduction, biotech nexus gonna dead soon, we will have another big big tall tall dono-for-what building, more money get squeezed, bla bla blaa…