If your website traffic is rely on organic search from Google search engine, getting highest possible rank is important. Unless your website traffic is from referral social media sites or direct reach from newsletter, then you might ignore ranking high in Google search listing.
From my experience, it will take approximately 6-7 months in order for a new published post to got in their highest possible rank. This will be the soonest possible time, if you fulfill the following checklist.
- Follow and do not violate any Google Search terms.
- Have unique content and does not copy content from other’s website.
- Submit Sitemap to Google indexing.
- Google crawl doesn’t return any error code.
- Your site loading speed is fast.
- Participant in the recommended solution from Google.
1. Follow and do not violate any Google Search terms.
Refer to the Google’s Terms here, and be sure to read them all up.
2. Have unique content and does not copy content from other’s website.
Do Not Copy & Paste Content. Do Not Copy & Paste Content. Do Not Copy & Paste Content.
Yup, don’t be a content thief. No body like it.
4. Submit Sitemap to Google indexing.
Add your website to Google Search Console (https://www.google.com/webmasters/) and submit your sitemap to let Google start index your website.
5. Google crawl doesn’t return any error code.
Google Search Console (Webmasters) will crawl your website from time to time and let you know your website’s status. Shall there have any issue, there will be message appear with error info and solution suggested. Follow the steps to solve the issue.
6. Your site loading speed is fast.
Be sure your website is fast enough, Google like lightning fast website, is also because everyone search content from search engine they like their information to show up as fast as possible.
Get your website a free check here:
Google Insights: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/
7. Participant in the recommended solution from Google.
From time to time, Google will introduce their favorite new tech, if you join in the latest bandwagon, you got the advantage. Of of the example is the AMP Project, Accelerated Mobile Page, read up the detail from here, and make sure at least your site is equipped with AMP.